Apply for an RPAS Audit
There are many advantages in becoming a BARS Registered RPAS (Drone/UAV) Operator including FSF membership, listing on the BARS register, having an independent evaluation of your organization and participation in a world-class safety program.
The process to become a BARS Registered RPAS Operator is essentially a self-managed process by the Operator with assistance from the selected Audit Company and the BARS Program Office.
For renewal BARS Audits, this joining process is not required again, simply update the profile information in BARSoft and create a new Audit.
Joining the BARS Program
There are a number of steps the RPAS Operator must carry out in the process of achieving BARS registration;
A BARS Audit:
To become a BARS registered RPAS Operator, please follow the below steps to complete your application:
- Select an Audit Company of your choosing to carry out this year’s BARS Audit.
Selection of the Audit Company is solely the option of the Operator. Only approved BARS Audit Companies are permitted to carry out BARS Audits for the purpose of BARS registration. [Link]
- Download the RPAS Standard and RPAS Implementation Guidelines from here.
- Complete the BARS for RPAS Application registration for here. The BARS Program Office will review all applications and contact you with next steps and login details to the online software portal, BARSoft.
- Ensure there is a signed BARS Audit Agreement raised and signed for each BARS Audit. Your Audit Company will assist in generating this document.
- Pay the Audit Fee;
- Prepare for your BARS Audit.
Registration Renewal BARS Audit:
Before the end of the RPAS registration validity period, it is important to reschedule and successfully complete a Registration Renewal Audit:
- Download the RPAS Standard and RPAS Implementation Guidelines
- Make sure your RPAS Operator information is up-to-date in BARSoft. Select an Audit Organization and undergo the audit.
- On Closing the audit: BARS Registration: Once all checks and findings are complete to closed, the RPAS Operator is BARS Registered for up to 12 months from the closing meeting date or last registration expiry.