BARS Auditor Training
For Lead Auditors and other interested personnel.
2023 AUDITOR ACCREDITATION training calendar
Note: There will be a Pre-class reading required. The Pre-class read commences 14 days prior to the Online class. Candidates need to spend 8 to 12 hours reading as preparation for the training.
Email us for more information and please indicate which training date you are inquiring about.
This course introduces participants to the elements of the BARS Program including:
- The role of various stakeholders including client, audit companies, aircraft operators and other interested parties;
- The BAR Standard, BARS Implementation Guidelines and their interaction with the audit checklist;
- Program documentation;
- Protocols of various types of BARS audits:
- BARS two-day audit
- BARS Aerial Work audit
- Operational Categories
- Audit management including audit planning, follow-up and closure of audit reports;
- Use of our dedicated database, BARSoft; and
- Analysis of data derived from the BARS Program.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Provide background to the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) Program;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the BAR Standard and BARS Implementation Guidelines;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of BARS audit methodology;
- Develop and understand the use and completion of Audit Checklists used during BARS audits;
- Understand executive summary and report writing requirements in accordance with BARS Program policy;
- Gain an insight into the QC process followed by the BARS Program Office prior to publishing reports; and
- Gain an understanding of BARSoft, the software program used to record all Audit activities.
Who’s it for?
The course is open to experienced Aviation Lead Auditors who wish to attain accreditation as a BARS Auditor. It is also open to those auditors who do not yet meet the prerequisite qualifications to become a BARS Auditor but who expect to meet those requirements within twelve months of completing the course. Other personnel who wish to gain a deeper insight into the BARS audit process may also attend, and Aircraft Operator safety and quality representatives, and BMO safety specialists are invited as Observers. Pricing for the course is in accordance with attendee status.