Managing Contracted Aviation Risk Training- Offshore
This training enables participants to understand, assess and develop strategies to manage risks associated with contracted air transportation in challenging and remote offshore environments.
This two-day course provides participants with an understanding of the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) and how it can be used by personnel operating in the offshore oil and gas sectors to help identify potential aviation safety risks. Participants will be able to use knowledge gained on the course to review their companies’ aviation management policies and procedures and formulate appropriate risk management strategies to manage identified day-to-day risks.
The course introduces attendees to the Flight Safety Foundation, the basic principles of flight and aviation operations (“Aviation 101”) and details the Basic Aviation Risk Standard and how the Standard can be used to effectively mitigate risks associated with chartered aviation operations.
Who Should Attend This Course
Personnel from all departments involved in the development, monitoring and enhancement of aviation safety activities within the resource industry.
This course will also be a valuable supplement to executive managers with accountability for decisions that directly impact on the selection of service providers. Eligible attendees include:
- Offshore Installation managers;
- Contract administrators and procurement/supply personnel;
- Company safety and risk professionals;
- HLOs and assistants;
- Executive managers (with accountability for decisions that directly impact on the selection of aviation service providers); and
- All personnel who are involved in aviation operations as part of their day‐to‐day activities.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Introduce participants to the basic principles of helicopter flight and offshore aviation operations (“Aviation 101”);
- Provide a detailed overview of the overall BARS Program and the BAR Standard;
- Explain basic aviation risk management principles;
- To provide an explanation of the role of the Specialist Aviation Safety Advisor;
- To explain frequently used aviation industry terms;
- To provide an introduction to offshore aviation operations for personnel without an aviation background;
- To assist participants in being able to identify potential risks and threats to the safety of their company’s aviation operations; and
- To provide a range of tools that assist offshore oil and gas personnel to identify hazards specific to their operation.