Managing Contracted Aviation Risk Training- Offshore
This training enables participants to understand, assess and develop strategies to manage risks associated with contracted air transportation in challenging and remote offshore environments.
This training introduces participants to the Flight Safety Foundation, the basic principles of flight and aviation operations (Aviation 101) and details the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) and how the BAR Standard can be used to effectively mitigate risks associated with contract aviation operations in the offshore oil and gas sectors.
Participants will be able to use the knowledge gained in this training to review their companies’ aviation management policies & procedures and formulate appropriate risk management strategies to manage identified day-to-day risks associated with onshore contracted aviation operations.
2021 MCAR Offshore Calendar
Each training will run twice one week apart with the two weeks being in different time zones. Please ensure you select the training week that is in a time zone that suits you.
|Date||Timezone||Facilitators Time||World UTC Time|
|Sept 14-17||Asia Pacific||0900 AWST – 1230 AWST||0100 UTC – 0430 UTC|
To express your interest in this training, please forward your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, advising which training dates you are interested in.
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
The training modules are delivered with four Instructor-led online sessions over four days with each session consisting of 3 x 1-hour blocks with 2 x 15-min breaks.
You must participate in all four sessions to be eligible for the training certificate.
The objectives of this training is to:
- Introduce participants with little to no aviation knowledge, to the basic principles of flight and aviation operations (Aviation 101)
- Provide a detailed overview of the BARS Program and the BAR Standard
- Explain basic aviation risk principles
- Explain frequently used aviation industry terms
- Provide a range of tools that assist personnel identify hazards, risks, and threats specific to the contracted aviation sector
- Provide an introduction to offshore aviation operations for personnel without an aviation background
WHO IS THE TRAINING FOR?
This training is open to participants from all departments involved in the development, monitoring, implementation, and enhancement of aviation safety activities within the sector.
This training is especially valuable for Executive Managers with accountability for decisions that directly impact the selection of service providers for aviation activities.
- Mine/Site Asset Managers
- Offshore Installation Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Corporate Assurance/Risk Managers
- HLO’s and Assistants
- Executive Managers (with accountability for decisions that directly impact the selection of service providers for aviation activities
- Any accountable onsite personnel; and
- All personnel who are involved in aviation operations as part of their day‐to‐day activities.