Aviation Coordinator Training for Onshore Personnel
A training course that enables participants to understand and assess competing hazards associated with air transportation in challenging and remote environments
Aviation Coordinator Course for Onshore Personnel
|21 – 22 October 2019||Bogota, South America||AVCO||Enquire|
This two-day course provides participants with an understanding of the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) and how it can be used by resources sector personnel to help identify potential aviation safety risks. Participants will be able to use knowledge gained on the course to review their companies’ aviation management policies and procedures and formulate appropriate risk management strategies to manage identified day-to-day risks.
The course introduces attendees to the Flight Safety Foundation, the basic principles of flight and aviation operations (“Aviation 101”) and details the Basic Aviation Risk Standard and how the Standard can be used to effectively mitigate risks associated with chartered aviation operations.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Introduce participants to the basic principles of flight and aviation operations (“Aviation 101”);
- Provide a detailed overview of the overall BARS Program and the BAR Standard;
- Explain basic aviation risk management principles;
- Provide guidance on the unique role of a resources sector Aviation Coordinator;
- Provide an explanation of the distinction between the roles of Aviation Coordinators and Specialist
Aviation Safety Advisors:
- Explain frequently used aviation industry terms;
- Provide an introduction to resource sector aviation operations for personnel without an aviation background;
- Assist participants in being able to identify potential risks and threats to the safety of their company’s aviation operations; and
- Provide a range of tools that assist resources sector personnel identify hazards specific to the aviation industry.
To express your interest in any of our courses, please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which location(s) are of interest to you. Check this page regularly for updates and registration forms.
Who’s it for?
Personnel from all departments involved in the development, monitoring and enhancement of aviation safety activities within the resource industry.
This course will also be a valuable supplement to executive managers with accountability for decisions that directly impact on the selection of service providers. Eligible attendees include:
- Mine/Site/Asset managers;
- Contract administrators;
- Corporate assurance/risk managers;
- Onsite accountable persons;
- Executive managers (with accountability for decisions that directly impact on the selection of aviation service providers); and
- All personnel who are involved in aviation operations as part of their day‐to‐day activities.