10th ANNUAL SAFETY FORUM
June 7-8, 2023 | Brussels
Safety Forum 2023 Agenda
As demonstrated by the COVID-19 crisis, resilience and vitality in the aviation industry are in many respects constrained by the availability of suitably trained, qualified and experienced staff. This issue affects everyone – people at the sharp end of flight operations, maintenance, ground handling, air traffic control and airport personnel, as well as managers and other personnel at the blunt end.
There has also been a loss of experience through normal retirement and through redundancies, where alternative employment has proved more attractive than returning into aviation. At the same time, new realities in the industry and society, including paradigms for sustainable development, technological advances, new business models and new generations are bringing new demands for particular skills and knowledge.
Register today and take part in our discussion on knowledge, skills and experience for safe operations!
08.30 – 10.00 | Registration and Information Desk Open
10.00 – 10.10 | Call to Order
- Tzvetomir Blajev, Director Europe and Global Operational Safety, Flight Safety Foundation
10.10 – 10.40 | Welcome and Executive Session
- Hassan Shahidi, President & CEO, Flight Safety Foundation
- Raúl Medina, Director General EUROCONTROL
- Alain Corbel, Air Safety Chair European Regions Airline Association
10.40 – 11.00 | Program Opening Address
- Pascal Kremer, European Advisory Committee Chair, Flight Safety Foundation
11.00 – 11.15 | Break
11.15 – 12.45 | Session 1 – Institutional, Regulatory Matters and Beyond
Moderator: Johan Glantz | European Business Aviation Association
- Safety is About People | Stuart Fox, IATA
- (Re)building Capacity and Capability: A Safety Regulators Perspective on Knowledge, Skills and Experience Challenges | Sophie Jones, UK CAA
- Pilot Support & Development: A Holistic Approach to Promoting (Mental) Wellbeing and Resilience | Gunnar Steinhardt, EAAP and Pascal Kremer, Luxair
12.45 – 14.00 | Lunch Break
14.00 – 15.30 | Session 2 – Mental Health, Selection, Diversity
Moderator: Dragos Munteanu | IATA
- How 25by2025 Supports Safe Operations | Jane Hoskisson, Director of Talent, Learning, Engagement and Diversity, IATA
- Can Selection Increase Safety? | Jenny Eaglestone, Netherlands Aerospace Centre / EAAP
- Team Diversity and Safety: What Has Diversity Got To Do With This? | Milena Bowman, EUROCONTROL
15.30 – 15.50 | Break
15.50 – 16.50 | Session 3 – The Manufacturer’s Perspective
Moderator: Ed Pooley | European Advisory Committee, Flight Safety Foundation
- Training for the Startle Factor | Florence Buratto and Michel Richarme, Airbus
- CBTA Value and Challenges (The Voice of the Customer) | Christine Bohl, Boeing
16.50 – 17.00 | Day 1 Summary and Closure
- Dr. Julia Behrend, European Advisory Committee, Flight Safety Foundation
17.00 – 19.00 | Reception in Europa Lobby
REGISTRATION FEES: US$75
Registration for the Forum includes lunches and breaks.
Rue de la Fusée 96
The Flight Safety Foundation Safety Forum, hosted by EUROCONTROL, is presented in partnership with EUROCONTROL and ERA, powered by SKYbrary.
We look forward to seeing you there!