10th ANNUAL SAFETY FORUM
June 7-8, 2023 | Brussels
The Organizing Committee invites submissions to present as a speaker.
The Forum is again being co-sponsored by Flight Safety Foundation, the European Regions Airline Association and EUROCONTROL. It will take place at the EUROCONTROL Headquarters where at least 250 front-line professionals and those who train and manage them will be able to hear presentations and discuss the Safety Forum’s findings on Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Safe Operations.
The Forum will facilitate exchange of the industry’s best practices that can promote and improve Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Safe Operations. During breakout sessions, we will brainstorm ideas that can further improve Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Safer Operations.
The Organizing Committee invites submissions to present as a speaker. The list below shows possible topics for the presentations:
Humans for Current Safe Operations
- Lessons taken from the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., skill fade)
- Dealing with staffing limitations and mitigation strategies
- Understanding human performance and organisational factors
- Mental health and peer support programmes
Humans for Future Safe Operations
- Understanding new technologies and industry demands
- Updating skills and knowledge requirements in a changing industry
- Dealing with minimum standard training and regulatory changes
- How to attract, select and retain the right talent
The Path to Diversity for Safe Operations
- Understanding diversity as a driver of resilience and innovation
- Sharing practical approaches to support diversity for safe operations
- Managing inter-generational knowledge transfer
Note: Presentation topics are not limited to the list above. If you have ideas or an innovative approach that might address any of the problems in developing and retaining knowledge, skills and experience within our industry, we would like to hear from you.
MARCH 10, 2023
All abstracts and bios must be submitted as MS Word Documents attached to an email sent from the address you wish to be used for communication to: CLOSED
Receipt will be acknowledged.
Speakers are expected to present for not more than 20 minutes. Speakers’ MS PowerPoint presentations will not need supporting papers but, to enable the best possible programme to be assembled, all submissions must:
- Fully explain what the intended presentation will cover in 200 to 500 words. Such an abstract should make the key messages of the intended presentation absolutely clear in an initial paragraph.
- Include the speaker’s photo (high resolution in JPG or PNG format) and a bio of up to 200 words.
- Note that submissions will be rejected if the Organising Committee considers that they are to be used as commercial advertising or as a business promotion effort.
The outcome of the selection process will be communicated on behalf of the Organising Committee by April 5, 2023. It will then be essential for all accepted presentations to be received by May 18, 2023.
The Flight Safety Foundation Safety Forum, hosted by EUROCONTROL, is presented in partnership with EUROCONTROL and ERA, powered by SKYbrary.
We look forward to seeing you there!